Thursday, November 06, 2008

Do You Know Me… ou, Meu Quinze Segundos de Fama

I was interviewed on November 5 by the Brazilian TV network TV Record to talk about the Japan-U.S. relationship, the significance of the U.S. Presidential election in particular. The program aired on the following day. So, if any of you are curious as to how I look (I swear I am not that fat; it’s the TV camera) and talk (most of it is voiceover translation in Portuguese by the correspondent). “click the arrow right next to "JORNAL DA RECORD", below the picture of a yellow van. A window will pop out. Our story is at 22:00 minutes.” Or you can link directly. The program changes regularly though, so if anyone knows how to save the video, I’d very much appreciate your advice.

4 comments:

Jan Moren said...

mplayer can save an mms: stream easily; I'm downloading it right now. I think vlc does it too, and that's easy to get on Windows I think. Just search for "save mms stream" and you should find something appropriate.

Jun Okumura said...

Thanks!

Jan Moren said...

It seems the Japanese segment starts at about 32 minutes, not 22. Which guy was you? They flipped through people like there was a fire and no name signs at all. The younger guy in a black suit just before Aso, or the academic type in blazer and scarf?

Jun Okumura said...

Sadly, there's a completely different clip there.